Foundation in Arts and EducationBack
|Intake||April, July and September|
The Foundation in Arts and Education programme is designed to provide you with the level of academic literacy, skills and confidence to pursue an undergraduate degree in the arts and social sciences. It is offered by the Centre for English Language Education (CELE), housed in the School of Education, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
The programme provides an entry route for degree courses offered by the Faculty, especially international communications studies, international relations and education. A substantial amount of the content is devoted to oral and written communication, IT and study skills, and certain modules will also give a general grounding in subject-specific content.
- 3 Semester Programme (Intakes in April and July)
- SPM: A minimum of 6 Bs (excluding Islamic studies and moral studies). At least grade C in mathematics, which may be included in the 6 Bs.
- GCSE/IGCSE: A minimum of 6 subjects, including 4 Bs and 2 Cs with grade C in mathematics, excluding religion and National language
- UEC: A minimum of 6 subjects, including 5 B3s and a C, with grade C in mathematics, excluding Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese language
- 2 Semester Programme (Intake in September)
- Applicants who have successfully completed 12 years of schooling at an appropriate standard (definitions will vary according to school system) maybe accepted into the two-semester programme
English language requirements:
- IELTS: 6.5 (no element below 6.0)
- IELTS: 6.0 (no element below 5.5)
- TOEFL (iBT): 79 (no element below 19)
- PTE (Academic): 55 (minimum 51)
- SPM: grade B+
- 1119 (GCE-O): grade C
- GCSE/IGCSE: grade C
- UEC: grade B3
- IELTS and TOEFL test results must be less than 2 years old and all IELTS must be the academic version of the test
Other Education Courses Offered by University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- Foundation in Arts and Education
University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus