Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)Back
The AIMST University medical programme is modern and innovative. It is modeled on the clinically integrated curriculum followed by major medical schools in the United Kingdom and also incorporates local requirements stipulated by the Malaysian Medical Council. The 5-year programme is conducted entirely within the State.
- A-Levels: A-Levels Grades BBB, ABC or AAC in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.subjects: Chemistry, Physics & Maths
- STPM: Grades B+, B+, B+ or A-, B+, B in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.
- AIMST Foundation in Science**: Grades A, B, B, in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics with a minimum total of 215 marks. OR Grades B, B, B, B in Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics with a total of at least 260/400 marks. ( 65 marks in each subject );(Grades A & B refers to A+, A, A-/B+, B); (GPA for grade B must be at least 3.0)
- Matriculation / Foundation in Science / Pre-medical course** (course ? 1 year in the same institution): CGPA 3.0 ( out of 4 ) in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.
- UNSW Foundation / MUFY / Western Australia Curriculum Council / HSC Sydney Australia / Trinity College Foundation Studies / Australian Universities Foundation Programmes / South Australian Matriculation / Victorian Certificate of Education, Australia Year 12: Aggregate or average of 80% in any 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics (or Mathematics) OR 80% ATAR
- National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) Level 3 / New Zealand Bursary: Average of 80% in any 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.
- CPU / CIMP / Canadian Grade 12/13: Average of 80% in any 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.
- Indian Pre-University: Average of 70% in any 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate: 32 points with a minimum of 2 science subjects at Higher Level (HL) and 1 at Standard Level and attained a mininum score of 4 each in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- Diploma in Health Science** (course ? 2 years in the same institution): CGPA ? 3.5
- Degree in the Arts or Humanities: CGPA ? 3.5 ( 5 year undergraduate medical programme ); And 3 Cs each in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, General Science, Mathematics or Additional Mathematics at SPM or its equivalents OR An accredited bridging course.
Other Courses Offered in Medicine & Allied Health Sciences
AIMST University (Kedah Campus)
Jalan Bedong Semeling 08100,
Bedong, Kedah Darul Aman Malaysia (view map).
AIMST University (KL Campus)
1st Floor, Menara Manickavasagam
No.1, Jalan Rahmat
50350, Kuala Lumpur.