Bachelor of Environmental Health and Safety (Hons)Back
|Intake||January, April, July and September|
Environmental health is the branch of public health that is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built environment that may affect human health. Other terms that refer to the discipline of environmental health include environmental public health and environmental health and protection.
Environmental health is defined by the World Health Organization as:
- Those aspects of human health and disease that are determined by factors in the environment. It also refers to the theory and practice of assessing and controlling factors in the environment that can potentially affect health.
- Environmental health practitioners may be known as sanitarians, public health inspectors, environmental health specialists or environmental health officers.
- MAHSA’s Foundation in Science, CGPA 2.50 including Physics and Biology. OR Foundation Studies in Science and Engineering, CGPA 2.50 including Physics and Biology from a recognised institution.
- Trinity College Foundation Studies, 60% aggregate for three subjects : Biology/ Physics and Chemistry.
- STPM / A-Level, CGPA 2.50 for Chemistry and Biology/ Physics.
- Science Matriculation from IIUM Matriculation, CGPA 2.50 for Maths, Physics and Biology. OR other recognised institution with CGPA 2.50 for Chemistry and Biology/ Physics.
- Diploma in the related field, min CGPA 2.75, OR CGPA less than 2.75 with 3 yrs working experience
- UEC : ‘B’ in 5 subjects including Biology/ Physics and Chemistry.
- SAM : Score 24 for Biology/ Physics and Chemistry.
- CPU/CIMP/ Ontario Secondary School Diploma/ Western Australian Curriculum Council/ HSC – Sydney Australian : 60% aggregate for 3 subjects including Biology/ Physics and Chemistry.
- UNSW HSC/ New Zealand Bursary/ American High School with Advance Placement (AP) : 60% aggregate for three subjects including Biology/ Physics and Chemistry.
- IB : Min Score 24 for three subjects including Biology/ Physics and Chemistry.
- MUFY : 60% aggregate/ CGPA 2.50 for 3 subjects : Maths, Physics and Biology.
- Indian Pre-U : 60% aggregate/ CGPA 2.50 for 3 subjects : Maths, Physics and Biology.
Other Courses Offered in Applied & Pure Sciences
Bachelor of Technology (Hons) in Water and Wastewater
Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL)
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biotechnology
International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW)
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Management Mathematics with Computing
TAR UC – Tunku Abdul Rahman University College
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Physics
Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
Jalan Elmu, Off Jalan Universiti
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Phone +603 7965 2555
Fax +603 7931 7118