Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Actuarial ScienceBack
Actuaries manage risk and uncertainty and evaluate the likely impact of future events. Heriot-Watt’s Actuarial Science programme is world-famous for its excellence. It contains all the courses that are essential for ensuring a flying start to a career as an actuary whilst at the same time fostering highly transferable mathematical skills.
If you excel at mathematics, enjoy problem solving and are looking for a degree that will prepare you for a rewarding career – both intellectually and financially – Actuarial Science could be the programme for you.
This Bachelor’s degree mirrors the highly successful BSc Actuarial Science degree offered in the UK, which is accredited by the UK Actuarial Profession. It is expected that the programme in Malaysia will also offer exemptions from all Core Technical subjects, CT1 to CT8, for students performing sufficiently well. This can significantly reduce the time taken to qualify as a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science: ABBC – A in Mathematics, B in Physics, B in Chemistry, C in Academic English/Study Skills
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Business and Design: ABBC – A in Mathematics, B in Accountancy and Finance, B in Business Management, C in Academic English/Study Skills
- A-Level: ABB including A in Mathematics
- STPM: ABB including A in Mathematics
- Diploma with high level of attainment in mathematics recognised by the Malaysian Government
- Any other relevant qualification with high level of attainment in mathematics recognised by the Malaysian Government
English Language Requirements:
- If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 is required.
Other Applied & Pure Sciences Courses Offered by Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Actuarial Science
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia