How to futher studies in medical field after spm..please tell me about the detail and do medical field is really needed nowadays
If you are interested in the medical field, there are few options for you:
1. Becoming a doctor: http://afterschool.my/course-description/medicine/
– In SPM, you need to be from Science Stream
– You need all As for all subjects
– You need to attend a pre university course like STPM or Foundation in Medicine
– You need to have at least CGPA 3.5 and above in the pre u course (STPM or Foundation in Medicine)
– You can apply for the course at a a public or a private university
– Pass the interview and the application process
– Study the first 2-3 years as pre clinical
– The last 2 years are considered clinical practice
– Housemanship for two years after completing the study
– Register with the Malaysian Medical Association (MMA) or the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
2. Dentistry: http://afterschool.my/course-description/dentistry/
Conditions are similar to Becoming a medical doctor.
3. Becoming a nursing staff or am allied health specialist. These are the following specialties
– Nursing: http://afterschool.my/course-description/nursing/
– Audiology: http://afterschool.my/course-description/audiology-2/
– Biomedical Science: http://afterschool.my/course-description/biomedical-science/
– Forensic Science: http://afterschool.my/course-description/forensic-science/
– Medical Laboratory Tech: http://afterschool.my/course-description/medical-laboratory-technology/
– Nutrition and Dietetics: http://afterschool.my/course-description/nutrition-and-dietetics/
– Optometry: http://afterschool.my/course-description/optometry/
– Physiotherapy: http://afterschool.my/course-description/physiotherapy/
– Radiography and Medical Imaging: http://afterschool.my/course-description/radiography-and-medical-imaging/
– Sport Science: http://afterschool.my/course-description/sports-science/
Each programme has slightly different entry requirement but all of these fields have lower entry requirements then becoming a doctor or a dentist.
4. Pharmacy: http://afterschool.my/course-description/pharmacy/
5. Biomedical engineering: http://afterschool.my/course-description/biomedical-engineering/
Doctors are always needed. But at the moment, Malaysia is having some issues with placement of new doctors. But in the next five years, things will be different.
Additionally, if you are a doctor, a nurse, a pharmacist, a biomedical engineer, a therapist or any other area related to the medical field, your employment opportunities are determined by your level of performance, skills you have and experience.
So, please consider the course that is most suitable to your qualification and work hard to learn more things beyond the classroom.